Glazed Corned Beef Recipe
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Place corned beef and contents of seasoning packet in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Add onion and celery; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Drain and discard liquid and vegetables. Place beef on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Brush over beef.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Corned Beef
Sort By :
"My son was not going to try this because corned beef sounded gross to him. I convinced him to try it and he loved it! My husband also loved it."
"This glaze is the best! My family has expected me to make this dish every St Patrick's Day since the recipe was published 12 years ago. I found that flat cut is the best cut of corned beef, point cut is too tough."
"Made this corn beef in the am and made the sandwiches from Taste of Home for dinner. All was delish!!!!"
"Best corned beef recipe we have ever had. This is how corned beef will be cooked in our home from now on."
"WOW! This is excellent. The glaze is the best. I left out the horseradish, still good. I'll be using the leftover glaze for something else. Yummy recipe."