Glazed Coconut-Banana Bread Recipe
Give your celebration a tropical flair with this exotic variation of banana bread. It’s quick to prepare, giving you plenty of time to focus on other holiday details. —Katherine Nelson, Centerville, Utah
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flaked coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, yogurt, apple juice and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture. Fold in 1/2 cup coconut.
- 2. Transfer to a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and lime juice until smooth; spoon over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice equals 193 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC