Glazed Coconut-Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flaked coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the bananas, yogurt, apple juice and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and lime juice; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Glazed Coconut-Banana Bread(4)
Sort By :
Good one second time
This is an excellent recipe! I used half white and half whole wheat flour and it worked great. I also do not glaze the bread as it is sweet enough without glaze!
I made it using gluten free flour and it was amazing! The whole family enjoyed it's sweetness, incredible moistness and flavor. It's definitely a keeper!!