- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flaked coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9x5-in. loaf pan. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, yogurt, apple juice and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture. Fold in 1/2 cup coconut.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and lime juice until smooth; spoon over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews forGlazed Coconut-Banana Bread
"This bread is great. I made one without the coconut & one with. I think i like the plain. I used 1/2 stevia 1/2 sugar. I omitted the salt cause I`m really watching the sodium. I didn`t use the glaze. Our guests, Gary & LInda liked it too!"
"Nice makeover! I also made this without the glaze. Thumbs up from all the family!"
"This is moist and fabulous! This will be a regular recipe for me. I didn't even put on the glaze. It was delicious without it. I may try the glaze though when I make this recipe using a bundt cake pan."
"Good one second time"
"This is an excellent recipe! I used half white and half whole wheat flour and it worked great. I also do not glaze the bread as it is sweet enough without glaze!"
"I made it using gluten free flour and it was amazing! The whole family enjoyed it's sweetness, incredible moistness and flavor. It's definitely a keeper!!"