- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flaked coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, yogurt, apple juice and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture. Fold in 1/2 cup coconut.
- Transfer to a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and lime juice until smooth; spoon over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Glazed Coconut-Banana Bread
Sort By :
"Good one second time"
"This is an excellent recipe! I used half white and half whole wheat flour and it worked great. I also do not glaze the bread as it is sweet enough without glaze!"
"I made it using gluten free flour and it was amazing! The whole family enjoyed it's sweetness, incredible moistness and flavor. It's definitely a keeper!!"