I always have the ingredients on hand for this cakelike treat bursting with lemon and lime. The simple glaze is a must—it forms a marvelous sweet-tart coating on the warm loaf.—Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
Recommended: 32 Super Steak Recipes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 9x5-in. loaf pan. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon and lime peels. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture(batter will be thick).
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack; cool 10 minutes longer.
- In a small saucepan, combine glaze ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Gradually brush onto warm loaf, allowing glaze to soak into loaf before adding more. Cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Glazed Citrus Loaf in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Glazed Citrus Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review