With its simple glaze and tasty layer of raisins and nuts, this buttery coffee cake tastes just like a popular store-bought variety. I found the recipe in a church cookbook. —Maxine Winternheimer Scottsdale, Arizona
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup pecans, sugar, raisins and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil, eggs, butter flavoring, vanilla and remaining pecans; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture. Carefully spread remaining batter over top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter flavoring and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Nut Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p35
Reviews for Glazed Cinnamon-Nut Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review