- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the pecans, red-hots, sugar and
- cinnamon; set aside.
- Punch dough down. Divide in half. On a greased baking sheet, roll out
- one portion into a 12x10-in. rectangle. Spread 1 tablespoon butter
- down the center; sprinkle with half of the pecan mixture.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 2-1/2 in. into center.
- Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across
- filling. Pinch ends to seal. Repeat with remaining dough, butter and
- pecan mixture. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks. In a small bowl, combine
- confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired
- consistency; drizzle over loaves. Serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves (12
- slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 233 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.