Glazed Cinnamon Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 5 to 6 teaspoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Cut in 4 tablespoons of the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8 to 10 times. Roll into an 11-in. x 8-in. rectangle about 1/2 in. thick. Melt remaining butter; brush 1 tablespoon over dough. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with long edge. Cut into 12 equal slices. Place with cut side down in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Brush with remaining butter. Bake at 450° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; spread over warm biscuits. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 201 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Glazed Cinnamon Biscuits
"these are so easy and go great for a swwet treat for breakfast. Tastes like Hardees cinnamon biscuits."