- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 5 to 6 teaspoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Cut in 4 tablespoons of the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8 to 10 times. Roll into an 11-in. x 8-in. rectangle about 1/2 in. thick. Melt remaining butter; brush 1 tablespoon over dough. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with long edge. Cut into 12 equal slices. Place with cut side down in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Brush with remaining butter. Bake at 450° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; spread over warm biscuits. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Glazed Cinnamon Biscuits in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p45
Reviews for Glazed Cinnamon Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2010
these are so easy and go great for a swwet treat for breakfast. Tastes like Hardees cinnamon biscuits.