"I often make this easy, delicious variation of glazed cinnamon rolls for our family as a breakfast treat on weekends," reports Sue Gronholz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 5 to 6 teaspoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Cut in 4 tablespoons of the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8 to 10 times. Roll into an 11-in. x 8-in. rectangle about 1/2 in. thick. Melt remaining butter; brush 1 tablespoon over dough. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with long edge. Cut into 12 equal slices. Place with cut side down in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Brush with remaining butter. Bake at 450° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; spread over warm biscuits. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Glazed Cinnamon Biscuits in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p45
Reviews for Glazed Cinnamon Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2010
"these are so easy and go great for a swwet treat for breakfast. Tastes like Hardees cinnamon biscuits."