- 6 large tart apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- Peel, core and cut each apple into eight wedges; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Drizzle with lemon juice. Combine the sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until apples are tender.
- Serve in dessert dishes with ice cream. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Cinnamon Apples
Sort By :
"Easy and excellent."
"Better than the Country Restaurant apples. This is awesome. Made mine without the lemon juice and cooked 3 hrs with lid on, 1 hr without lid. ( to thicken sauce. )"
"Very easy and tasty recipe. Reheats very well too!"
"I actually served this as a side dish without the ice cream. The kids loved it."
"Simple and tasty! We made it in a very slow oven and it worked just as though we had used a slow cooker. The amount of sugar is just right so that it doesn't overwhelm the tartness of the apples. Excellent with ice cream!"