- 6 large tart apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- Peel, core and cut each apple into eight wedges; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Drizzle with lemon juice. Combine the sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until apples are tender.
- Serve in dessert dishes with ice cream. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Cinnamon Apples
"I prepared this delicious recipe yesterday and it was a huge hit with my husband and me as well. So easy and so delicious. Since he is not eating sugar I substituted Splenda and brown sugar Splenda and you couldn't tell. We will be having this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for TOH."
"This was so yummy. Hubby fired up the crockpot in the afternoon and the house smelled wonderful when I got home from work."
"Easy and tasteful."
"Simple and delicious!"
"Fairly easy. Just peeling all those apples, but totally worth it. They were delicious and could be used with somany other recipes,: quick Apple cobbler, served its vanilla been ice cream, etc."
"Yummy! I replaced the white sugar with xylitol, brown sugar with sucanat, and butter with coconut oil for a healthier version and it turned out great. I will definitely make again."
"Easy and excellent."
"Better than the Country Restaurant apples. This is awesome. Made mine without the lemon juice and cooked 3 hrs with lid on, 1 hr without lid. ( to thicken sauce. )"
"Very easy and tasty recipe. Reheats very well too!"