- 6 large tart apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- Peel, core and cut each apple into eight wedges; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Drizzle with lemon juice. Combine the sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until apples are tender.
- Serve in dessert dishes with ice cream. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Cinnamon Apples
Sort By :
"Fairly easy. Just peeling all those apples, but totally worth it. They were delicious and could be used with somany other recipes,: quick Apple cobbler, served its vanilla been ice cream, etc."
"Yummy! I replaced the white sugar with xylitol, brown sugar with sucanat, and butter with coconut oil for a healthier version and it turned out great. I will definitely make again."
"Easy and excellent."
"Better than the Country Restaurant apples. This is awesome. Made mine without the lemon juice and cooked 3 hrs with lid on, 1 hr without lid. ( to thicken sauce. )"