If you are seeking comfort food on the sweet side, this warm and yummy apple dessert, made with cinnamon and nutmeg, fits the bill. —Megan Maze, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- 6 large tart apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- Peel, core and cut each apple into eight wedges; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Drizzle with lemon juice. Combine the sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until apples are tender.
- Serve in dessert dishes with ice cream. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Cinnamon Apples in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p90
Reviews for Glazed Cinnamon Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review