Glazed Cinnamon Apples Recipe
If you are seeking comfort food on the sweet side, this warm and yummy apple dessert, made with cinnamon and nutmeg, fits the bill. —Megan Maze, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- 6 large tart apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Peel, core and cut each apple into eight wedges; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Drizzle with lemon juice. Combine the sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until apples are tender.
- 3. Serve in dessert dishes with ice cream. Yield: 7 servings.
2/3 cup (calculated without ice cream) equals 285 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC