- 6 large tart apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- Peel, core and cut each apple into eight wedges; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Drizzle with lemon juice. Combine the sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until apples are tender.
- Serve in dessert dishes with ice cream. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Cinnamon Apples
"I cut back on the butter, it just wasn't necessary. Delicious!"
"I prepared this delicious recipe yesterday and it was a huge hit with my husband and me as well. So easy and so delicious. Since he is not eating sugar I substituted Splenda and brown sugar Splenda and you couldn't tell. We will be having this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for TOH."
"This was so yummy. Hubby fired up the crockpot in the afternoon and the house smelled wonderful when I got home from work."
"easy and tasteful."
"Simple and delicious!"
"Yummy! I replaced the white sugar with xylitol, brown sugar with sucanat, and butter with coconut oil for a healthier version and it turned out great. I will definitely make again."
"easy and excellent."
"Better than the Country Restaurant apples. This is awesome. Made mine without the lemon juice and cooked 3 hrs with lid on, 1 hr without lid. ( to thicken sauce. )"