Glazed Cinnamon Apple Muffins Recipe
Apple, pecans and coconut give these cinnamon-spiced muffins a hearty texture. They're tender and delicious baked in paper liners or greased muffin cups. —Carol Stine, Dayton, Ohio
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in the apple, pecans and coconut.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 11 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 243 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC