Glazed Cinnamon Apple Muffins Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in the apple, pecans and coconut.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 11 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 243 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Cinnamon Apple Muffins
"Very good. Will make these again. Did not glaze them and they were perfect with a casserole for supper. I would add the glaze if using for breakfast or brunch."
"I didn't use the coconut or make the glaze but they were yummy and moist!"
"These muffins turned out fantastic! Delicious and moist, love the texture of the apples and pecans! I will definitely make these again."
"I always have many compliments when using this recipe!!!!"
"Excellent! Very moist! I used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup white. I also cut the drizzle in half and it was more than enough! I also used walnuts because that's what I had and I didn't toast them. I omitted coconut. Absolutely delicious! I already wrote the recipe down for future baking!:) Thank!"
"VERY, VERY GOOD!!! I will make these often. Perfect for breakfast. Didn't even put the glaze on and they were still good."