Glazed Cinnamon Apple Muffins Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in the apple, pecans and coconut.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 11 muffins.
Reviews for Glazed Cinnamon Apple Muffins(4)
Sort By :
Very good. Will make these again. Did not glaze them and they were perfect with a casserole for supper. I would add the glaze if using for breakfast or brunch.
I didn't use the coconut or make the glaze but they were yummy and moist!
These muffins turned out fantastic! Delicious and moist, love the texture of the apples and pecans! I will definitely make these again.
I always have many compliments when using this recipe!!!!