Glazed Chops Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Transfer to a shallow 3-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the onion, water, syrup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, chili powder and pepper; pour over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until tender. Transfer to a serving platter or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Pour pan juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Glazed Chops(13)
Sort By :
I made this tonight and I was just not impressed with it. I don't know if it's that you're suppose to use real maple syrup and I just had pancake maple syrup but it tasted weird.
I am not good at making pork chops. I usually ruin them. But this recipe made them so easy! They came out very good. And the sauce is unbelievable! This was a big hit with my husband and two children. We will for sure be making this again soon.
My husband told me these are his favorite pork chops. They are really easy to make and taset delicious.
Followed directions. Chops are as dry as a bone. Will put them in crockpot tomorrow for dinner. Hopefully they will be more tender.
I stopped making pork chops for years because I thought they didn't have any flavor. No matter what I did, they were tasteless. I'll start using this recipe from now on. They were delicious!