Glazed Chops Recipe
WHEN I saw this recipe in the newspaper years ago, I thought it sounded so good, I immediately went out and bought all the ingredients. Not only was it easy, the kids even raved about it. Almost everyone who has tasted it asks for the recipe. --Lisa Polson, San Rafael, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Transfer to a shallow 3-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the onion, water, syrup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, chili powder and pepper; pour over chops.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until tender. Transfer to a serving platter or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Pour pan juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC