- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Transfer to a shallow 3-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the onion, water, syrup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, chili powder and pepper; pour over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until tender. Transfer to a serving platter or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Pour pan juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGlazed Chops
"Delicious served with the Chunky Applesauce Recipe from this site!"
"I also added some chopped apple. It was delicious!!"
"I altered the recipe quite a bit, and it was very tasty. I used a small shallot & 2 cloves garlic because I didn't have onions on hand, and rather than bake the chops, I cooked the shallots in the pan juices after browning the chops, then returned the chops to the pan along with the sauce (I omitted the water and doubled the vinegar & Worcestershire), covered the pan and simmered until cooked. Then I thickened the sauce after removing the chops. It got rave reviews from the family."
"I made this tonight and I was just not impressed with it. I don't know if it's that you're suppose to use real maple syrup and I just had pancake maple syrup but it tasted weird."
"I stopped making pork chops for years because I thought they didn't have any flavor. No matter what I did, they were tasteless. I'll start using this recipe from now on. They were delicious!"
"Family loves this!"