Glazed Chocolate Chip Coffee Ring Recipe
Anne Betts of Kalamazoo, Michigan says her husband often requests this moist rich cake. "It's great with a cup of coffee," she suggests.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into an 8-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and cocoa in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 1 cake (8 servings).
1 piece equals 389 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC