Glazed Chocolate Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups egg whites (about 10)
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sift together the flour, 1 cup sugar and cocoa twice; set aside.
- Add the cream of tartar, vanilla and salt to the egg whites. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gradually fold in flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and cream. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Chocolate Angel Food Cake
Sort By :
"my daughter saysthis cake tastes like chocolate fluff. very good"
"it is sooooo good"
"Went together easier than I expected and was a hit with everyone. I will probably cut down the sugar a little bit next time though; it bordered on too sweet for me."
"So glad to find something that is low in fat and chocolate that tastes so good! I had to add more half and half to the glaze. It was way too thick to drizzle without it. Otherwise, perfect!"
"I really wanted to know if I could just add the cocoa to an angel food cake mix?"