Glazed Chicken and Carrots Recipe
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup apple juice
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dill, salt and pepper; add chicken and toss to coat.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken, celery and carrots in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon and apple juice until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 228 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Glazed Chicken and Carrots
"i used chicken broth instead of the juice. It was really tasty that way."