Glazed Chicken and Carrots Recipe
Apple juice lends a subtle sweetness to chicken that's nicely coated with dill and tossed with carrots and celery in this pretty stir-fry. "I've served it on busy nights when time is short and at family buffets, too," says Helen Bekert of Sprakers, New York. "Everyone is sure I've spent hours in the kitchen."
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup apple juice
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the dill, salt and pepper; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken, celery and carrots in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon and apple juice until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Chicken and Carrots in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p10
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Glazed Chicken and Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2008
"i used chicken broth instead of the juice. It was really tasty that way."