Apple juice lends a subtle sweetness to chicken that's nicely coated with dill and tossed with carrots and celery in this pretty stir-fry. "I've served it on busy nights when time is short and at family buffets, too," says Helen Bekert of Sprakers, New York. "Everyone is sure I've spent hours in the kitchen."
Featured In: 14 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes for Four
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup apple juice
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the dill, salt and pepper; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken, celery and carrots in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon and apple juice until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Chicken and Carrots in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p10
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Glazed Chicken and Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review