Glazed Cherry Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups cake mix, flour, yeast and water until smooth. Stir in eggs until blended. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Gently spoon pie filling over top.
- In a small bowl, mix butter and remaining cake mix; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, corn syrup and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Cherry Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"My whole family liked this. I added some nutmeg and almond extract to the cake batter. Left the glaze off. It is sweet enough without it. Just dusted it with powdered sugar."
"It's a favorite. The yeast with the cake mix just makes all the difference."
"I've made this coffee cake a # of times and I LOVE this recipe! Today I decided to experiment & I prepared the batter and used two greased and floured 9" layer pans (foil pans). I used one can jellied cranberry sauce, 1/4 cup ground navel orange and about 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries for the filling. I prepared the crumb topping, evenly divided the batter, filling and crumb topping and baked for 45 to 50 minutes. I thought that this could be an alternative to making one large cake! Dawn E. Lowenstein"
"I followed the recipe to a "t", and it smelled heavenly. After it sat a few hours the topping turned to "goo" .... and was too sweet to be enjoyable. We had to toss out 2/3 of the cake the next day as it was just not "enticing" enough to eat."