Glazed Cherry Coffee Cake Recipe
With its pretty layer of cherries and crunchy streusel topping, this coffee cake is great for breakfast. Or you can even serve it for dessert. —Gail Buss, Beverly Hills, Florida
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups cake mix, flour, yeast and water until smooth. Stir in eggs until blended. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Gently spoon pie filling over top.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix butter and remaining cake mix; sprinkle over filling.
- 3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, corn syrup and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece equals 268 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC