Glazed Cherry Coffee Cake Recipe
This is a perfect casual dessert—and hopefully there is a piece left over to have with a cup of tea the next morning! The recipe calls for a cake mix and yeast, which is rather unusual, but the results are wonderful.—Gail Buss, Westminster, Maryland
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:12-16 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups cake mix, flour, yeast and water until smooth. Stir in eggs until blended. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Gently spoon pie filling over top.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix butter and remaining cake mix; sprinkle over filling.
- 3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, corn syrup and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece equals 268 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC