Glazed Carrots with Rosemary Recipe
- 4 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the carrots, broth, wine and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and discard liquid.
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until glazed and heated through. Yield: 13 servings (1/2 cup each).
1/2 cup: 137 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Glazed Carrots with Rosemary
"This was OK, nothing special. I don't think my family likes the carrot/rosemary combination either."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.