Caramelizing carrots results in a sweet and buttery side dish that even folks not fond of vegetables will favor. Fresh rosemary adds the finishing touch.—Helen Faddis, Gloucester, Massachusetts
- 4 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the carrots, broth, wine and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and discard liquid.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until glazed and heated through. Yield: 13 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Glazed Carrots with Rosemary in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p112
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Glazed Carrots with Rosemary
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2010
"This was OK, nothing special. I don't think my family likes the carrot/rosemary combination either."