Caramelizing carrots results in a sweet and buttery side dish that even folks not fond of vegetables will favor. Fresh rosemary adds the finishing touch.—Helen Faddis, Gloucester, Massachusetts
Recommended: 14 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes for Four
- 4 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the carrots, broth, wine and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and discard liquid.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until glazed and heated through. Yield: 13 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Glazed Carrots with Rosemary in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p112
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Glazed Carrots with Rosemary
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2010
"This was OK, nothing special. I don't think my family likes the carrot/rosemary combination either."