Glazed Carrots and Sugar Snap Peas Recipe
Busy cooks will appreciate the simplicity of this side dish pairing the summery taste of baby carrots and fresh snap peas. The veggie medley will brighten up any plate. —Betty Neptune, Walker, MN
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in peas; cover and cook 2 minutes longer. Drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, salt, pepper and broth until smooth. Add to vegetables with the butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until glaze is slightly thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 73 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC