Busy cooks will appreciate the simplicity of this side dish pairing the summery taste of baby carrots and fresh snap peas. The veggie medley will brighten up any plate. —Betty Neptune, Walker, MN
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in peas; cover and cook 2 minutes longer. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, salt, pepper and broth until smooth. Add to vegetables with the butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until glaze is slightly thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Carrots and Sugar Snap Peas in Country Woman June/July 2009, p44
Reviews for Glazed Carrots and Sugar Snap Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review