Glazed Carrots and Snow Peas
This simple but colorful dish goes with just about any kind of meat or fish.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave
- on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add snow peas and
- onion. Cover and microwave for 45 seconds or until tender; drain. In
- a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, butter, salt and pepper
- until smooth. Stir into vegetables. Microwave, uncovered, for 45-60
- seconds minutes or until bubbly around the edges, stirring once.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 124 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.