Glazed Carrot Coins Recipe
When I pull fresh carrots from the garden, my mouth waters just thinking about how this simple recipe enhances their flavor with brown sugar and a hint of lemon. —Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
- 12 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, heat brown sugar and butter until bubbly. Stir in lemon peel. Return carrots to pan; cook and stir over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until glazed. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 172 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC