When I pull fresh carrots from the garden, my mouth waters just thinking about how this simple recipe enhances their flavor with brown sugar and a hint of lemon. —Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
- 12 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, heat brown sugar and butter until bubbly. Stir in lemon peel. Return carrots to pan; cook and stir over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until glazed. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Carrot Coins in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p31
Reviews for Glazed Carrot Coins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review