- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Red, green and yellow liquid or paste food coloring
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Stir in food coloring. Lightly spread over cooled cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Glazed Butter Cookies
Sort By :
We make these at Christmas, Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day. They are fabulous!
This makes "THE BEST" cookies!!! I make it for all the holidays, and even birthdays. My children's teacher also loves them. She would ask me to make her miniture ones for Easter. This recipe is loved by everyone that gets a taste. It's a tradition in our family. P. W. Magnolia, KY
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Budget Dessert Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >