Glazed Brussels Sprouts
“This is my all-time favorite vegetable recipe! Even people who don't think they like brussels sprouts really love it. I like to serve it all year long.”
Joan Braun - Lakewood, Wisconsin
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh baby carrots, halved
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place brussels sprouts and carrots in a large saucepan; cover with
- water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes
- or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pecans and chili powder in
- butter for 2 minutes. Drain vegetables; add to pecan mixture. Stir
- in the maple syrup, vinegar and salt. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes
- or until brussels sprouts are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 296 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein.