- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh baby carrots, halved
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place brussels sprouts and carrots in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pecans and chili powder in butter for 2 minutes. Drain vegetables; add to pecan mixture. Stir in the maple syrup, vinegar and salt. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until brussels sprouts are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Brussels Sprouts
"Excellent! Seems like I'm always having to adjust the way I cook recipes to work with food on hand but they still always turn out tasty. I cooked the frozen Brussels in the microwave, steamed the carrots and put them in the pan I had the walnuts, maple syrup, cider vinegar and salt in. Had with yeast rolls and spicy apricot chicken. Very tasty dinner!"
"I was one of those people who just couldn't like brussels sprouts--until I made this recipe. Delicious! The finished dish is sweet, but not too. I thought the vinegar might give it a sweet-sour taste, but I didn't find it so. I think the vinegar added some brightness. I made the recipe exactly as written, except for using chopped instead of halved pecans. Next time I will add a source of heat: dried pepper flakes, hot sauce, or ground cayenne pepper when I add the maple syrup. It seemed the chili powder didn't zip it up enough for me. Also, if using chopped pecans, as I did, I would cut back considerably on the amount. Maybe 1/2 cup, or probably 1/3 cup would be plenty."
"This is a really attractive dish - the carrots added a broader appeal. We enjoyed it!"
"What a delicious way to serve brussels sprouts!! Great way to get the family to eat brussels sprouts!! Thanks so much for the recipe!!"
"This recipe is outstanding! My picky four year old even enjoyed this!"