The chocolate in the middle of these cookies is such a fun surprise. And the dough is so simple to make, with just the right amount of sweetness. —April Shuttleworth, Fort Wayne, IN
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until blended. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. (Dough will be crumbly.)
- Press a tablespoon of dough around five chocolate chips, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and chocolate chips. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
For glaze, place frosting in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 10-15 seconds or until melted; stir until blended. (Frosting may separate slightly when warmed but will become smooth after stirring.) Dip tops of cookies in glaze or spoon glaze over cookies; top with sprinkles. Let stand until set.
Freeze option: Freeze unglazed cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw cookies in covered containers and decorate as directed. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Glazed Bonbon Cookies in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Reviews for Glazed Bonbon Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review