Glazed Blackberry Pie Recipe
- 5 cups fresh blackberries, divided
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup water, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Red food coloring, optional
- Whipped topping
- 1. Place 2 cups blackberries in pastry shell; set aside. In a saucepan, crush 1 cup berries. Add 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Press berries through a sieve. Set juice aside and discard pulp.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in remaining water and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in food coloring if desired. Pour half of the glaze over berries in pastry shell. Stir remaining berries into remaining glaze; carefully spoon over filling.
- 3. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Garnish with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 251 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.