Glazed Beef Tournedos
“I found this wonderful, quick recipe in a book years ago,” recalls Janet Singleton in Bellevue, Ohio. “It’s been a favorite for special occasions ever since! I like to serve it with twice-baked potatoes and a spinach salad.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the steak sauce, ketchup, marmalade, lemon
- juice, onion and garlic. Set aside 1/4 cup for serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or
- until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer
- should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°),
- basting frequently with remaining sauce.
- Just before serving, brush steaks with reserved sauce. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 308 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 385 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.