“I found this wonderful, quick recipe in a book years ago,” recalls Janet Singleton in Bellevue, Ohio. “It’s been a favorite for special occasions ever since! I like to serve it with twice-baked potatoes and a spinach salad.”
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the steak sauce, ketchup, marmalade, lemon juice, onion and garlic. Set aside 1/4 cup for serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with remaining sauce.
- Just before serving, brush steaks with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Beef Tournedos in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p19
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Glazed Beef Tournedos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review