Glazed Beef Loaf Recipe
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 slices bread, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded carrot
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In a bowl combine milk, eggs and bread; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the cheese, carrot, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours; drain. Combine brown sugar, ketchup and mustard; spread over meat loaf. Bake 15 minutes longer or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Beef Loaf(4)
Sort By :
This meatloaf made the house smell so good, my next door neighbor came over to ask me what I was making. And it tasted great too.
I wanted to add to my review. My nutritionist advised me to cut out red meat to alleviate arthritis pain. This was devastating to me. But then I took the Ground Beef Cookbook, were I found this wonderful recipes, and start making our favorites with ground chicken instead of beef. The texture was different but the taste was perfect. I'm not feeling deprived anymore.
My friend made this last week. I loved it so much, I copied the recipe and made it tonight!
I used colby jack cheese instead of cheddar cheese and it was good. Thanks for the recipe.
My husband really liked this.