When I first served this meat loaf to our grandsons and their families, it was an instant success. Everyone expects me to make this meat loaf when they come for dinner.
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 slices bread, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded carrot
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In a bowl combine milk, eggs and bread; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the cheese, carrot, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours; drain. Combine brown sugar, ketchup and mustard; spread over meat loaf. Bake 15 minutes longer or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Beef Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p28
Reviews for Glazed Beef Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review