Glazed BBQ Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ribs in a shallow roasting pan, bone side down. In a small bowl, mix oil, salt and pepper; rub over ribs. Bake, covered, 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender; drain.
- In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients; reserve 3/4 cup for serving with ribs. Brush some of the remaining sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until ribs are glazed, basting occasionally with additional sauce.
- Preheat broiler. Transfer ribs to a broiler pan, bone side down. Broil 4-5 in. from heat 8-10 minutes or until browned. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now