Glazed BBQ Ribs
Yes, these racks would taste wonderful hot off the grill, but you can really enjoy these sweet, fall-off-the-bone ribs any time of the year. The raspberry preserves give my BBQ (and now yours) that lil’ something extra! —Stephen Marino, Nutley, NJ
4 ServingsPrep: 2 hours Broil: 10 min.
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ribs in a shallow roasting pan, bone
- side down. In a small bowl, mix oil, salt and pepper; rub over ribs.
- Bake, covered, 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender; drain.
- In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients; reserve 3/4 cup for
- serving with ribs. Brush some of the remaining sauce over ribs.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until ribs are glazed, basting
- occasionally with additional sauce.
- Preheat broiler. Transfer ribs to a broiler pan, bone side down.
- Broil 4-5 in. from heat 8-10 minutes or until browned. Serve with
- reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 1,319 calories, 91 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 2,431 mg sodium,