Glazed BBQ Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place ribs in a shallow roasting pan, bone side down. In a small bowl, mix oil, salt and pepper; rub over ribs. Bake, covered, 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender; drain.
- 2. In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients; reserve 3/4 cup for serving with ribs. Brush some of the remaining sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until ribs are glazed, basting occasionally with additional sauce.
- 3. Preheat broiler. Transfer ribs to a broiler pan, bone side down. Broil 4-5 in. from heat 8-10 minutes or until browned. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 1,319 calories, 91 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 2,431 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 53 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.