Glazed Bananas in Phyllo Nut Cups Recipe
I enjoy making this fast yet fancy dessert for my wife. The phyllo cups can be baked, cooled and stored in an airtight container up to one day in advance. —Scott Maynard, Lafayette, Louisiana
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 sheets phyllo dough, (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 to 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a food processor, process pistachios and sugar until very finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl; stir in cinnamon. Cut each sheet of phyllo dough into six 4-in. squares (discard trimmings). Stack squares and cover with plastic wrap.
- 2. One at a time, brush each square with melted butter and sprinkle with a heaping tablespoonful of pistachio mixture. Stack three squares, turning each one at an angle so the corners are not aligned. Press each stack onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 8-oz. custard cup. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For sauce, melt butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Gently stir in bananas and cinnamon; heat through. Fill phyllo cups with ice cream; top with banana sauce. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 735 calories, 45g fat (24g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (67g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Glazed Bananas in Phyllo Nut Cups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC