- 1-1/2 pounds sliced bacon
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) whole water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Cut bacon strips into thirds. Wrap each strip around a water chestnut and secure with a toothpick. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning once; drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over water chestnuts. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly. Yield: about 8-1/2 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Glazed Bacon Water Chestnuts(5)
Sort By :
We've made this each year since being published. We have it each New Year's Eve always!
I make this for all the parties we have. I substitute chili sauce for the ketchup.i am always asked for the recipe
My husband was quite skeptical of this recipe at first. He quickly changed his tune, however, when these came out of the oven! Super Tasty!
The mixture of ingredients threw me off at first. Once i got past that i decided to give it a try. They are simply delicious!! I am so glad i gave it a chance.
These are wonderful little bites! I have made them for years.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Bacon-Wrapped Chestnuts >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >