Glazed Asian-Style Salmon Fillet Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 2. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently with glaze. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (4 ounces cooked salmon) equals 233 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.