Glazed Asian Salmon Fillet
I love to cook and usually try a new recipe at least once a week. This salmon has wonderful flavor. I've served it to company several times, and they always love it. --Sherry West of New River, Arizona
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Using
- long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 5-6 minutes on each side or until salmon flakes easily with a
- fork, basting frequently with glaze. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (4 ounces cooked salmon) equals 233 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.