Glazed Asian Pork Medallions Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Cut pork into 1-in. slices and flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork in batches over medium-high heat until meat is tender. Reduce heat to low; return all meat to the pan. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over pork and turn to coat. Heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork equals 237 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.