Glazed Asian Pork Medallions
A deliciously elegant entree that's just half an hour away-it may seem hard to believe, but it's true! Michele Flagel of Shellsburg, Iowa treats tender pork to a sweet and savory sauce that has a hint of Asian flavor.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut pork into 1-in. slices and flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle
- with salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork in
- batches over medium-high heat until meat is tender. Reduce heat to
- low; return all meat to the pan. Combine the remaining ingredients;
- pour over pork and turn to coat. Heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked pork equals 237 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.