Glazed Apricot Sorbet Recipe
"This fruity dessert is refreshingly cool and light with a hint of richness," Nina Rohlfs confirms from Unadilla, Nebraska. "It’s just right for a company meal or a pleasant afternoon treat. I like to serve it in sherbet glasses with mint sprigs for an elegant look."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + freezing YIELD:5 servings
- 1 can (20 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a food processor, combine the apricots, preserves, orange peel and lemon juice; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a freezer container; cover and freeze for at least 3 hours. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 2. Remove from the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving. Scoop into dessert dishes; drizzle with cream. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 285 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC