- and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- For filling, combine apricots and water in a small saucepan. Cover
- and simmer for 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Pour into a blender;
- process at high speed until smooth. Stir in sugar and cinnamon; set
- Punch dough down. Divide in half and roll each half into a 15-in. x
- 12-in. rectangle. Place on a greased baking sheet. Spread half of
- the filling in a 15-in. x 4-in. strip down center of dough. With a
- sharp knife, cut dough on each side of apricot filling into
- 1-in.-wide strips. Fold strips alternately across filling to give
- braided effect. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Cover and
- let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire
- racks for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl. combine the
- confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve
- desired consistency; drizzle over warm coffee cakes. Serve warm or
- allow to cool completely. Yield: 2 coffee cakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 245 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.